Are you an active business person who wants to become part of Canada's most dynamic retail organization? Do you want a complete system and company values that will allow you to compete and maximize your potential in today's challenging retail environment? For further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Brick Warehouse LP is a 100% Canadian owned company that has been operating The Brick
stores since 1971. Through being Canada's most dynamic home furnishings retailer, the company
has grown to over 175 stores, 6,000 employees, over 3,000,000 square feet of warehousing, and
our own fleet division.
The all new Brick is successful because we listen to the market place, the customers as individuals, and then act accordingly. Our distinctive, consistent and frequent advertising and promotional campaigns allow us to remain at the forefront of our customers' minds. The Brick Card Platinum and flexible payment options contribute to the company's popularity. The offering of The Brick Satisfaction Guarantee, extended warranties and credit protection products allow our customers the security necessary for peace of mind.
The all new Brick design format allows us to keep pace with consumers, who want to be excited by what they see in the store. Huge flat panel TV displays, Sleep Galleries and manufacture specific room collections are presented to our customers in new and exciting ways. The WOW factors of the new stores tell us we are keeping pace.
We are known by the company we keep. By carrying more brand name products than anybody else, customers recognize the all new Brick as this country's brand name leader. Stores feature all the latest styles for Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms and Mattresses. State of the art electronics departments feature brand names like Sony, Panasonic, Hitachi, Samsung, Sharp and more.
Large appliance departments include a wide selection of brand name items such as Maytag, General Electric, Kitchen Aid, Whirlpool, LG, Samsung and Electrolux to name a few.
The Brick also has a repair service in all major centres for appliances and electronics. Our technicians can repair any make or model.
To put it simply: NOBODY BEATS THE BRICK!
TOP TEN REASONS
- We sell all of Canada's leading Major Brands.
- Industry leading comprehensive computer information system.
- Aggressive and complete marketing and advertising programs.
- Internet and Intranet, marketing and communications.
- "Click 'n' Shop" (virtual brand extension) kiosk shopping models.
- Ongoing support program from our retail managers.
- One-stop shopping for all inventory.
- "You sell one, you buy one" supply system.
- Customer credit facilities through the Brick Card Platinum.
- Our fee structures are reasonable.
- Major Brands in all merchandise categories
- Instant access to all in-stock product
- Grouping of products to sell complete packages
- Complete accessories program
- Purchasing power
- Product availability
- One-stop purchasing
- Internet catalogue
- "You sell one, you buy one" inventory
- Training through the Seven Steps of Selling course
- Fully managed commission program
- Presidents Club and recognition programs
- Appliances and Electronics Full Circle protection plans
- Credit Insurance plans
- The Brick Warehouse Blanket Coverage full furniture warranty
- Written instructions for each event, contest, and promotion
- In-store POP and marketing materials
- Email, voicemail and teleconferencing updates on sales information
- Team and leadership building
- Sales POS system
- Regular visits by regional management
- Inventory sales ranking reports
- Training in all aspects of our Retail and Inventory Management systems
- Introduction to all Brick policies and guarantees
- Purchase all Brick forms and supplies at our costs
- Computer system generates price tags
- Information system provides extensive management tools
- Corporate assistance in Grand Opeing planning and execution
- Email and voicemail updates
- Ongoing support
- Regular visits by regional management
- Advertising and promotions planning calendars provided in advance
- Market spill-over of TV advertising provided at no cost
- Interior signage, price tag headers, and aggressive flyer programs are purchased by the franchisee at the cost to The Brick
- Contests sponsored by The Brick and vedors
- Design and assist in the execution of Grand Openings
- Assist, for a fee, in close-out of existing business
- Ongoing support through regional and corporate management
- Provide design and plans for store interior and exterior, including signage
- Suggest core merchandising assortment
- Assist in merchandising store upon construction completion
- Merchandise training of store management
- Core matching of floor displays
- Regular visits by regional management
- Email and voicemail updates
- Intranet site
- Determine hardware, software, POS and data line requirements
- Training on and manuals for all systems
- Cognos Information System:
- Sales analysis through multiple views
- Product, sales and discounting management
- Retail Systems:
- Commission management
- Reporting by salesperson by code
- Each salesperson receives his or her own report
- Multiple commission codes, generally based on margin
- Includes commission sharing if product has to be discontinued
- Warehouse Management Systems:
- Warehouse inventory available
- Inventory reservation when sales posted
- Customer traffic counting system
- Brick Card Platinum
- Instant approval
- On-line help during all retail hours
- Check verification
- Ability to migrate existing private label card customers to the Brick Card
- Will provide recommendations on store security issues
- Available background checks for a fee
- Security updates
- Crime Busters program
- Over 3 million square feet of warehousing
- Next day delivery available in most markets
- Truck graphics and paint code designs
TV AND APPLIANCE SERVICE
- State of the art shops available
- Established repair depots in most markets
At The Brick Warehouse we are proud of our accomplishments which we have achieved through
offering outstanding service and products to our customers. Therefore, it is extremely
important that we award our franchises to individuals who \appreciate and will execute
accordingly to our core value of Our Commitment Is To Our Customer. To that end, we are looking
for active business people who want a complete system and our company values, which will enable
them to compete in today's and tomorrow's challenging retail world.
Active involvement within ones community and a burning desire to succeed will contribute greatly to the success of The Brick in a franchise setting. The success of a national chain of stores is predicated on the customer receiving seamless treatment whether they are in a store in Victoria, BC or St. Johns Nfld. The franchisee must dedicate themselves to providing this seamless treatment to the Brick customers.
As individual markets vary so does the investment required to operate in a manner that will
provide a franchisee the best opportunity to be successful. We do know that you must not burden
a franchise with excessive financing charges. A minimum unencumbered cash investment of 40 % of
the total investment is required. Due to the nature of our business, the inventory in the store
is the largest component of the investment and can range from $350,000 to $550,000. Leasehold
costs will be dependent on the condition of the location. Equipment costs including the
computer systems, signage and miscellaneous equipment is approximately $50,000. Set up,
training and Grand Opening expenses will cost approximately $30,000. Our franchise purchase fee
Ongoing costs include but are not limited to a Continuing Fee of 2.5% of gross revenues. A franchisee must advertise locally or regionally and spend a minimum of 4% of its gross revenues.
The Brick Warehouse's purchasing power allows us to maximize margins and provides the franchisees the opportunity to do likewise. The franchisees must purchase their entire inventory through our system. The goods will have a minimal charge added to them to offset warehousing and other expenses attributed to their acquisition and delivery to the franchisees.
"After operating as an independent furniture operation for over 25
years, we partnered with the # 1 furniture retailer in Canada, THE BRICK. We lowered inventory,
increased sales and maintained margins. The Bricks POWER of advertising, brand name products,
and inventory access allows us to work efficiently and meet our customer needs. Right from
initial meetings to Grand Opening and now day to day operations, the Brick management and
support team is dedicated and committed to our companies success. This partnership will be
instrumental in future growth and lead us in the future."
-- Mike D.
Peace River, Alberta
"This is the organization you WANT to be part of. Even though we had
not been in the Furniture business prior to our association with The Brick, we quickly realized
that all of the support, training, expertise and of course Merchandise was available with The
Brick. This is a very well managed company that is truly concerned with the success of
every store in the company, right down to the smallest Franchise location. This is
where you want to be if you want a fast paced, dynamic, energetic and profitable retail
company to be associated with."
-- Gerry A.
Slave Lake, Alberta
"In December of 2005 we opened the doors at The Brick in New Glasgow.
With the assistance of the Brick team the grand opening was an exciting, trouble free venture.
From store setup, advertising, inventory management to the point of sale system the Brick
offered complete leadership and support."
-- Reuben S.
New Glasgow N.S.
"I have had plenty of success in my career with The Brick over the
years and managed 2 separate locations. Now as a franchisee, I've experienced my greatest
success as the owner of one of the largest franchises in Western Canada. The Brick is an
incredible company that is constantly changing to remain on the cutting edge as a leader in
home furnishings appliances and electronics. The Brick has fantastic, inventive promotions that
will make your franchise a huge success. It's great to be a part of a winning team."
-- Keith S.
"We opened our Huntsville Brick Franchise on September 20, 2006, after
many years as an independent furniture store.
We are most grateful for the help, support, teaching,and encouragement from the Franchise support team.
The webpage new format is terrific with exciting new retail news and updates, with excellent information that is very usable in our day to day operations. The Question and Answer section reassures us that others have many the same questions as we do. It is great to see the answers come back so quickly.
The Brick University is varied with so many excellent courses available to choose from.
We are very pleased to be part of the Brick family and look forward to a long and successful partnership."
-- Bob and Joanne C.