The Brick Payment Protection Plan protects more than just your credit rating. It also protects your lifestyle.
The Brick is pleased to offer it's valued Brick Card Platinum customers peace-of-mind security that is affordable and convenient. It's called The Brick Payment Protection Plan.
Complete Protection from Financial HardshipThe Brick Payment Protection Plan provides you protection that will make your Brick Card payments should the unexpected happen. The 6-way protection described below is the most complete bundle of insurance coverages available anywhere. Consider the peace-of-mind knowing that your Brick Card payments will never become a burden to you or your family.
Affordable CoverageThe Brick Payment Protection Plan is a sensible and affordable program that helps you protect your credit, your purchases and your lifestyle. Because the Plan is based on group rates, the monthly premiums provide you with all the protection you need at a price you can afford.
For just pennies a day you can protect yourself against the unexpected by signing up for The Brick Payment Protection Plan.
The Brick Payment Protection Plan provides you with buyer protection for your Brick Card purchases.
- Unemployment Protection - If you lose your job through no fault of your own, and are unemployed for 30 consecutive days, the Plan will pay your minimum monthly payments retroactive to the first day of your unemployment until you return to work up to a maximum of 12 months. You are eligible if you are the primiary accountholder, you've been working at least 25 hours a week and are not self-employed or seasonally employed.
- Property Protection - Provides for the repair or replacement of merchandise due to theft, damage, or destruction by any one of the 17 perils listed in the Certificate of Insurance for up to 36 months after the date of purchase. The 17 causes include burglary of which there must be evidence of forcible entry, fire, flood, smoke, lightning, hail, windstorm, marine perils while in the course of being transported, vandalism and malicious mischief, vehicles where the property is carried in or upon, civil commotion, riot, cyclone, tornado, aircraft, and explosion. (Not available to residents of British Columbia and Quebec)
- Critical Illness Protection - Critical Illness coverage can pay off your Brick Card balance up to $25,000, if you or your spouse are diagnosed with a Critical Illness for the first time in your lives. The Critical Illnesses covered are life-threatening cancer, heart attack and stroke. A complete description of the conditions and exclusions of the Critical Illness coverage along with relevant definitions can be be obtained from Trans Global Life Insurance Company at 1-888-226-7876.
- Disability Protection - Provides for the minimum monthly payment in the event the primary accountholder is disabled for more than 30 consecutive days. Benefits are retroactive to the first day of disability to a maximum of 12 months. You must work at least 25 hours per week to qualify.
- Life and Dismemberment Protection - The Plan pays off your Brick Card in the event of the death of you or your spouse. At 65 years of age (71 years of age in British Columbia) and older this coverage is limited to accidental death only. In the event that you or your spouse should accidentally suffer the loss of a hand or foot or the total loss of your eyesight, the Plan will pay off the balance of your Brick Card. The Life, Dismemberment and Accidental Death Protection have a maximum coverage of $25,000 per Brick Card account.
- Leave of Absence Protection - If you are required to take an unpaid leave of absence for more than 30 consecutive days to attend to the needs, due to illness, of an immediate family member, the Plan will make your minimum monthly payment until you return to work, for up to a maximum of 12 months. You are eligible if you are the primary accountholder, you've been working at least 25 hours a week and you cannot be self or seasonally employed nor a controlling shareholder in your employer to qualify (not available to residents of Quebec).
After enrolment you will receive a Certificate of Insurance detailing full conditions of your Brick Payment Protection coverage. If you are not 100% satisfied, notify The Brick in writing within 30 days and The Brick will cancel the coverage and refund any premiums that you may have paid.
Other Important Features of the Brick Payment Protection Plan:
- A 30-day free look: if you cancel within 30 days of receiving your Certificate, any premiums charged would be refunded to you. However, you may cancel at any time without any extra penalty or fee.
- Benefits are paid regardless of any other insurance you may have.
- There are no deductibles nor depreciation reductions for claims.
- Your rates don't increase if you have a claim.
- There are no medical exams or questionnaires to complete for enrollment.
- You may cancel at any time without any extra fee or penalty.
- Even if you don't have to make a monthly payment because your balance is deferred, the Plan will still make a monthly payment of 3.5% of your outstanding balance for disability, unemployment and leave of absence claims (not available to residents of Quebec).
- There is no maximum age limit.
- Coverage is to a maximum of $25,000 per account.
- Send no money, coverage is automatic when we receive your application.
- The premium, charged only when you have a balance, is only $1.39 per $100 of your monthly balance.
- To receive Unemployment, Disability, or Leave of Absence Benefits you must work at least 25 hours per week on a full-time permanent basis and be the primary accountholder.
Underwritten By: Members of the Trans Global Insurance Group:
Trans Global Life Insurance Company
Trans Global Insurance Company
Suite 275, 16930 - 114 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta,T5M 3S2
Trans Global Insurance Group
Compagnie d'Assurance-Vie Trans Globale
c/o Centre de Marketing Direct Inc.
BP 4024 Stn. Industrial Park
Markham, ON L3R 6A3
Toll Free: 1.877.305.4265